Questions for Production design application
Please write in your own words

1. What are your reasons for applying for this postgraduate course Please refer to career and personal reasons as appropriate. Indicate how you intend to manage your studies with your other commitments.

I am very adamant about pursuing a Masters degree in the same area as my Bachelors degree. Combining my already strong volume of knowledge, encompassed from my digital art and design experience, with even more academic discipline and advanced technical expertise. For me, creative art has always been an obvious choice for my future career, having achieved my first degree and being able to accumulate both practical and theoretical experience as an art design student. I firmly believe, studying at Kingston University will serve me well in offering me a future in this field of design, and even help me make connections that would later provide useful by helping me enter the film industry in the future. Therefore, I am taking this opportunity and am applying for a spot in your course for full time study, having no other commitments. I am looking forward to face upcoming challenges, even more confident due to experience gained from life and education.

2. How will you benefit from a postgraduate course at this time

I wish to pursue a Masters Program in the design production team for Film and Television, thus improving and sharpening my technical skills along with my artistic skills. I consider this course to be the best choice to help me boost my career prospects. Becoming a masterful production designer on the set will give me competitive advantages and will augment with much more visual aesthetics onto the screen as a contributor to the production team. It has always been a dream of mine, working as a member on a movie set, and my chances of this happening will certainly increase dramatically if I have taken this course. My strong passion for film and desire for knowledge will surely help in my quest for practical experience.

3. How might this postgraduate course fit in with your career plan over the next 5 years

My ultimate career goal is becoming a conceptual designer in the film and animation industry. I will make great use of my professional skills and imagination, which I am sure will be a great asset for the industry, progressing greatly over time. This course will reflect my skills relating to cinematic art and associated studio design modules will expand my knowledge horizon even more. The investment will become evident in the coming semester.

Questions for Reference
(Please answer the each question with not more that 200 words)

1. How do you rate his academic ability Please relate your comments to the candidates class of degree (for example is of 22 standards, or is of higher ability than the class of degree achieved), please give a realistic prediction.

Simon is dedicated and has successfully demonstrated his leadership, and in particular, his documentary video project under his own initiative. He is a confident and generous contributor who is able to motivate group activity and has gained the respect of his peers. With a keen interest in art and design, and an ambition to progress into the field of filmmaking, I believe that this course would be ideal for him. He will prove to be an exceptional candidate and possibly an asset as well as a valid contributor to your course work.
During his duration as a student at UWS, Simon has demonstrated motivation and commitment to his work and academic studies. Over and above what has been formally required of his artistic skills, there is an impressive track-record of art and design projects which he has proposed, developed and completed.

2. Taking an overall view, what do you consider to be his major talents and most significant weakness Please relate this to the specific course for which the candidate is applying.

His work benefited from his willingness, imagination and pursuit of his studies manifesting in his personal style. His language skills have progressed quickly to reveal a sharp wit and a lively mind. He is very confident in himself and what he wishes to acomplish. There is no visible weakness in his work performance, he always satisfies with his progress and effort put into his work.

3. Please comment on the applicants ability to sustain his motivation for study. Has the applicant previously shown an interest in the proposed area of study

Unlike many students who are unsure which discipline to pursue, Simon is very clear in his ambition of filmmaking and cinematography and realistic in the challenges this discipline invokes. To this end he has worked very hard to gain the knowledge and skills required referencing books and related material to gather experience out with University time.

4. Please feel free, either in the following space or in a separate letter, to make any further comments which you feel will be helpful (for example, relevant industrial or other experience).

I vehementey recommend S. Simon Shen for admission to your graduate programme. Being his studio tutor for a period of over 2 years, I have seen this young man develop academically and personaly into a mature individual who knows what he wants and is ready to commit to this graduate programme in order to obtain the future he envisions for himself. I am certain that Simon will successfully complete his chosen programme and I wholeheartedly believe that the applicant is suitable for this level of study.

0 comments:

Post a Comment